Last Updated: December 8, 2021
Ben makes the morning news: finding the papers, data, images and video; science analysis; screen recording; writing & narration; editing; publishing. He also updates our various websites and the YouTube channel, and is one of the founders of SPACEWEATHERNEWS. The Mobile Observatory Project, ObservatoryProject.com, Suspicious0bservers.org, Observing the Frontier, SpaceWeatherNews.com, MagneticReversal.org and QuakeWatch.net are creations of SPACEWEATHERNEWS, LLC, a company created and owned by Ben and Katherine Davidson.
Juris Doctorate – Capital University Law School 2011
The Supreme Court of Ohio, Summer Clerkship, Justice Pfeiffer
BA Economics – Denison University 2006-2008
Golf Team, 2007 All-Conference Team
Economics/Meteorology – Penn State University (Schreyers’ Honors) 2003-2005
Intramural Golf Champion 2004
– Observing the Frontier, Conference C0-Founder, 2015 – Current
– SpaceWeatherNews.com/MagneticReversal.org/QuakeWatch.net – Founder/Director, 2015-Current
– The Mobile Observatory Project – Co-Founder, May 2014 – Current
– SUSPICIOUS0BSERVERS.ORG – Founder/Director, July 2013 – Current
– SUSPICIOUS0BSERVERS YouTube Channel – Founder and CS0, May 2011 – Current
– Venture Capital Due Diligence: May 2010 – February 2014 Legal/Economic/Scientific diligence for multiple opportunities in mining, technology, and biomimetic chemistry. This effort was good training for the work I do now. [See ABOUT below] – E3 MEDIA – Co-Founder, Directed Columbus Office 2007 – 2010 I co-founded this company with my childhood best friend, and left when my priorities shifted to law school.
HISTORY: SpaceWeatherNews used to be called KAHB. This was a combination of the fist initials of Kat, Achilles, Hope, Ben – the human and dog pairs that went on tour in 2015 was the original team. Today, Kat and Ben have three children, Kira, Noah and Adam, and two days after thanksgiving Achilles began his next journey.
Perspective: Law school is an exercise in painstaking research into complex materials to find subtle and often confusing truths, and then combining and communicating your findings in a helpful way. I have worked professionally in the investment field, primarily in a due diligence capacity. I am now considered an independent researcher. Due diligence is an animal unlike any other – to fully understand a situation you need to understand the law, the numbers, and the science, while simultaneously making predictive analysis and judgments about often-conflicting data. My goal is to inform you, while giving you to tools to empower your own journey.
Eyes Open, No Fear